Fernworthy Reservoir was completed in the end of June 1942. The reservoir holds about 380 million gallons of water and covers 76 acres of land. This year (2016), a rare site was unveiled. It was the old clapper bridge and stone bridge that once led to Fernworthy farm before it was demolished during the building of the dam. This was taken in October but by the end of November it was submerged again.